It’s been a while since SIRIUS 4 received its last update. We are excited to announce that SIRIUS 4.4 is coming soon.
It comes with many new features, e.g.:
- Project-Space: A standardized persistence layer shared by CLI and GUI that makes both fully compatible.
- Redesigned Command Line Interface: SIRIUS is now a toolbox that contains different sub-tools that can be combined to “tool-chains”.
- New (and newly integrated) tools:
- ZODIAC: Improve Molecular Formula Identifications by re-ranking SIRIUS molecular formula annotations using Bayesian statistics. ZODIAC optimizes annotations on a whole dataset taking advantage of the fact that compounds usually co-occur in a network of derivatives.
- PASSATUTTO: Is now part of SIRIUS and allows you to generate dataset specific decoy spectral libraries from computed fragmentation trees.
- lcms-align: SIRIUS supports mzML/mzXML format to process whole LC-MS/MS runs. The lcms-align preprocessing tool performs feature detection and feature alignment based on the available MS/MS spectra.
- Other handy standalone tools, e.g. compound similarity calculation.
To provide user friendly but also flexible and customizable access to the different tools we completely redesigned the command line interface (CLI).
We know that this might break your workflows and therefore we provide you an early access version of the CLI that can be used for testing and adapting your workflows:
You will also find an updated version of the manual which is still work-in-progress but contains already an updated section on the new CLI.
No worries, even when SIRIUS 4.4. will be released (as soon as the GUI is ready) version 4.0.1 will still be available for some time.
If you find bugs or have any feedback feel free to open an issue on the SIRIUS GitHub repository or contact us via .